This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Bluetooth problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Am trying to send some files from my laptop to my mobile phone thru bluetooth but here is what I got (this is the laptop's BT that has a prob not the mobile): Error message: Bluetooth device not found. Please verify that your Bluetooth device is properly connected and turned on. What I did: Went to control panel > Bluetooth configuration. On the diagnostics tab, I clicked refresh. But it says there that bluetooth device is not detected. I then went to device manager to see if something flags there but there aren't any. Went to Windows update to see if anything that needs to be updated, specially with regards to BT but there aren't any. Went to bluetooth devices, ticked discover on but can't save it. Error Message: An error occured while Windows is saving your settings. The following settings were not saved: Discoverability settings Connection settings. Next, I went to HP wireless assistant then turned off BT there as that may be conflicting with the other one. Though that's never been a problem before. Rebooted. Stil no go. I just noticed this problem yesterday and did all those above to no avail. Compaq presario v3000 series (quite old :blush: ) XP SP3 Thank you. :)
Please mark as resolve. I tried system restore but to no avail then for the last resort went for my ERUNT back up. It's working now. Now I've gotta go clean up the mess it has created. :lol:
Glad you found a solution, my suggestion would of been to right click on the BT entry in the device manager and select uninstall, reboot and allow the wizard to auto install when it reports found new hardware, it's a lot less disruptive as it only affects that device, and for the most part if it is a simple case of resetting the connections, this is the easiest way to go, doesn't always work, but is so simple and quick to do it costs nothing to try, bit late for now, but at least you know for the future, and can be done for any device playing up.
Hi, I've actually done that but to no avail. :) I was really hoping that either that or the steps I've posted earlier would work as you've pointed out that it is less disruptive. Anyway, thanks. :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI