This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Connection Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have just changed ISP and all was OK yesterday, the first day of the change over. But today I could not connect to the internet. After a very long phone call to the ISP they said the router was working OK and they could see from their end I was connected, but from my screen there was nothing. They went away and are looking at it further. In the mean time I retored the PC to an earlier point (early yesterday) and hey presto its all working again. Any ideas how I find out what went wrong, could it be MS updates I downloaded yesterday?
Its hard to say bluesnapper. Its always easier to diagnose a problem when the problem is occuring. Once you perform the system restore we lose our ability to tell you what and how it happened. If the problem occurs again, come back here for advice so we can check some settings and make sure everything looks correct. Please don't perform any more system restores to resolve the problem until we can find out WHAT your problem really is.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI