This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

HP Color LaserJet/Scanner/Printer Problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have just experienced a very strange problem. I was scheduling airline flights on a major airline site when a thunderstorm rolled through my area and knocked out our power. I was logged in to this site at the time. When we regained power, my computer came back on and I once again connected to the site and logged in with no problem. Then I tried to print my itenerary with no luck. I tried CTRL-P, the dialog box came up, I chose the correct printer and then nothing. I tried going to File, Print, the dialog box came up once again, no luck. I can print from other programs and can print other web pages, just not this page. I went to a different computer and logged in to the site there and was able to print on tthat computer's printer. My question is: Is it a possibility a file was left open on my computer causing this inability to print this particular page? If so, what do I need to do to look for it and clear it out of my system so I can continue to schedule my flights from my computer. System info: ANDEC Desktop, Pentium 2 processor, 1G of RAM, approx 3 years old, WIN XP Pro, Internet Explorer, printer connected by USB. No recent changes to the machine. I have run DiskClean, what else do I need to do?

I have just experienced a very strange problem.

I was scheduling airline flights on a major airline site when a thunderstorm rolled through my area and knocked out our power. I was logged in to this site at the time. When we regained power, my computer came back on and I once again connected to the site and logged in with no problem. Then I tried to print my itenerary with no luck. I tried CTRL-P, the dialog box came up, I chose the correct printer and then nothing. I tried going to File, Print, the dialog box came up once again, no luck. I can print from other programs and can print other web pages, just not this page. I went to a different computer and logged in to the site there and was able to print on tthat computer's printer.

My question is: Is it a possibility a file was left open on my computer causing this inability to print this particular page? If so, what do I need to do to look for it and clear it out of my system so I can continue to schedule my flights from my computer.

System info: ANDEC Desktop, Pentium 2 processor, 1G of RAM, approx 3 years old, WIN XP Pro, Internet Explorer, printer connected by USB. No recent changes to the machine. I have run DiskClean, what else do I need to do?


In the thread by LDtate here of WTT http://forums.whatthetech.com/Before_Posti…elp_t57813.html
He has a link to a program if you scroll down a little ways you'll see the ATF Cleaner. I use it just to clean up once in a while, it's much faster than windows disk cleanup.
I'm not sure it will fix the problem but it does a very good job of getting rid of temp files.

Good luck, and post back on how things go.

Tonka

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI