This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Wireless Network Printer Problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm struggling to get my wireless HP printer - Model Number: Officejet 4635, to print documents from my Lenovo Laptop running Windows 10.0

I can get the first file printed, but then the next file gets stuck in the printer queue.  I've checked the printer wifi settings and they appear to be ok.  I'm online with the network; I can sometimes cancel the file from the queue… sometimes it's stuck.  

I have tried stopping and restarting the Print Spooler, I've tried unplugging and replugging the power chord on the printer. 

Sometimes it fixes itself, and then all of sudden it starts printing again and works fine. But often, (especially when I'm in a rush) it just gets hung up. 

Help!

I complete removed the printer drivers, etc. from the laptop and did a clean download and reinstall…At first, the printer installation software couldn't finish the installation using the wireless setting, but then it connected…and then it stopped…So… I still have the problem.

Currently, the way I sort of fix it is to unplug the printer from its power source.  When it turns back on…it sometimes prints the files that are in the printer que. 

Other times, it will just start randomly printing a file that was previously stuck in the que.  

Something interesting: The printer is showing up on my wireless network as a connection point. And the indication is "open" and there's an exclamation mark next to the icon.  The other printers on the network show, "secured" with no exclamation; and they work when I send files to them.  If I connect to the printer, I leave my connection to my network. 

Any ideas? 

Start over only this time install as a USB connected printer. Don't connect it until told to do so. Once that is done and it works, then try to set it up as a Wireless Printer.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI