This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Missing Taskbar

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I've started using Mozilla/Firefox about a month or two ago. In the past couple of weeks, I've lost my Taskbar. I've gone to Control Panel/Appearance-Themes/Tastbar-Start Up Menu. The "lock Taskbar" button is checked but I still don't have one. Any ideas? :scratch: Thanks, az
Try going back into the Taskbar settings and make sure that "Keep Taskbar on top of other windows" is checked. Other than that… the Taskbar can be resized if you click and drag on it… maybe you click and dragged it to the bottom of your screen and it is there.. just kind of "minimized" so to speak. May want to try clicking and dragging up from the bottom of your screen.
KotaGuy, "Keep Taskbar on top of other windows" is checked. (I should have mentioned that before…sorry….) I've also tried "grabbing" the taskbar from the bottom, top and both sides of screen….nothing is there…. :huh: any other ideas? Thanks for your time, az
Uncheck "Keep Taskbar locked" and try it again. You may also want to try to change your screen resolution to a smaller resolution than what you have it at… might be able to see it then.
I've unchecked "keep taskbar….", that didn't work. I tried all the resolution settings (higher and lower)….that didn't pan out either. az
Ta Da!!!!!!!!! Originally my Norton's warned about "malicious script" but I went ahead and "allowed" the script to proceed…it worked. Thank you, thank you, thank you….. az :D

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI