This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Error message with blue background

34 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello ems88 :wavey:

While you have an active thread in the Infections Removal forum it best not to attempt any fixes in this forum.

We can continue after you have received the All Clear from your Malware Team member.


Regards,
Jkc73 :thumbup:
We've taken care of the infections and I'm all clear http://forums.whatthetech.com/Computer_ver….html&st=90

I created the CD on another computer and it didn't work on that one but it has Windows Vista, not XP which is what I have. I don't know if this matters..? I tried pressing F12 to get it to boot from the CD first but nothing happened-this was on the Windows Vista computer, not mine.

After downloading Windows Diagnostic, I clicked "accept" and then "save CD image to disk" so I did this correctly right?
Yes, but that is not the final step. You asve the image to disk, meaning somewhere on your hard drive, then you use ImgBurn or some other software to create a disc from thge image file. You don't burn the file directly to disc. Does that make sense and is it what you are dping?
Just wanted to update-I haven't seen the blue screen since my computer has been clear of infections so there wasn't a need to test the memory. I guess the blue screen wasn't indicative of bad memory but because of the bad infection I had…? Thanks for the help though Ztrucker and Jkc73 :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI