This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Horrible internet problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am hoping someone can give some suggestions here. I live in kentucky and have insight as my isp. For the last year they have been terrible. we have had 20-30 techs called many many times with no solution to this problem. The internet drops out of nowhere. We had an xbox 360 hooked up hardwire and it even dropped.(I didn't know that was even possible). We use a dlink G gaming router(still going for around 200 dollars). We have tried several other routers but none have corrected the problem. I recently ran some tests on speedtest.net and it says our internet is perfect. The internet here is fine when its working. I guess my question is how do I get the connection to not drop when gaming. It has dropped while paying hardwired and wireless. Is there a specific router that works better than others with certain ISP's? I am open to try anything at this point as there are no other good ISP's in my area as of current. All suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks
:welcome: NKUSTAR I am no expert when it comes to this but I can say the problem is your ISP. But I want you to clarify that it is just the internet connection that is being drop or the router itself? To be sure that my guess is right. Does your internet drop even while just browsing the net? Or it only drops when two or more device connects to the router? Playing a specific games pehaps? We can try to eliminate first the router by connecting your pc to the modem. Removing the router from the equation. If possible change the cables you use, sometimes a faulty cable can cause the symptoms. If is still drops you should insist to your ISP to give you a technical support. If it does't then we will try to fix it. Hopes this helps

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI