Whiptea
Topic Starter
Hey. I really have no idea what's going on anymore. For around 2 months now, everyday after 7:30ish, my internet would start ping spiking to the point where any game is unplayable. my ms in games would go up to 200-700, drop back down to 100, then go back up. I speed tested many times during the lag and I would get the same ms, and drop down to 1-2 mbps download speed. This problem would persist until the next morning, work fine during the day, then come back. I've tried almost every possible fix, none worked. It can't be a problem with my isp because I even switched isps to try and fix this, but that didn't work either. I was first with champion broadband cable and now I'm with at&t dsl. Every time I called them while I was lagging, they'd say the lines looked "pristine" clean. No bandwidth loss or faults anywhere. Finally one tech told me it could be any electric device turning on like a street light or pool cleaner that interfered with the frequency and that our wires weren't grounded. I highly doubt that. Is there any way you guys can help me? I stumbled across this site and I figured why not ask. I have 7 computers in this house and one of them is using wireless. I've scanned and cleared any infected items on all the computers, and I don't think there's any wireless interference. Any ideas?
——————————————————–
Here's a traceroute I just did while lagging:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Shawn>tracert www.yahoo.com
Tracing route to any-fp3-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com [209.191.122.70]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dsldevice.att.net [192.168.1.254]
2 283 ms 235 ms 305 ms 108-232-48-2.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net [10
[removed]]
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 332 ms 360 ms 360 ms [removed]
6 265 ms 256 ms 339 ms la2ca01jt.ip.att.net [[removed]]
7 374 ms 333 ms 334 ms las-bb1-link.telia.net [[removed]]
8 214 ms 256 ms 319 ms dls-bb1-link.telia.net [[removed]]
9 486 ms 422 ms 417 ms yahoo-ic-141067-dls-bb1.c.telia.net [213.248.97.
222]
10 610 ms 479 ms 361 ms ae-1-d111.msr2.mud.yahoo.com [[removed]]
11 403 ms 377 ms 431 ms te-9-2.fab2-a-gdc.mud.yahoo.com [209.191.78.159]
12 454 ms 392 ms 311 ms te-8-2.bas-c2.mud.yahoo.com [209.191.78.175]
13 138 ms 405 ms 491 ms ir1.fp.vip.mud.yahoo.com [209.191.122.70]
Trace complete.
C:\Users\Shawn>
I'm sick and tired of this lag. If you guys could pinpoint the problem at the least, I would love you guys.
Thanks