For years I have been having trouble with internet speed. I have DSL through Verizon. I have had techs out to the house probably 50 times over the last 6 - 7 years and have dealt with the Presidential level about 5 - 6 times over the last 2 years. I'm supposed to get 3mbps at the modem. I get a reading of 3360 kbps (which is about 10% more than what they guarantee) at the modem. However, when I run Speedtest.net I get readings all over the place from .15 to 2.85. Usually, it's in the low 2's but when I really get slow it drops to the .2 to .3 range. Today it was so slow it couldn't even complete a Speedtest run on several occasions. Eventually, I got it to run and it was .27. Later it was .75 and by early afternoon it was 1.13. I lost connection to the internet 5 times today.
The techs have checked everything they can think of and the Presidential level has run all kinds of tests, they have switched routers, given me new modems and several other behind the scene things. They usually get it better than when they started but it always reverts back to the .2 to .3 range and I have to start all over with them.
I'm wondering if it could be something on my end. Over the years I have had various antivirus programs and right now it's McAfee. I've also had various computers over the years also. I run Spybot and Malware Bytes on a regular basis. I have been to your forum in the past to have tests run also. When at your forum it was not for this issue so I'm wondering if you have any programs that test for bots and something along those lines. I'm at a loss as what it could be and was hoping you guys might have some thoughts and hopefully a solution.
Thanking you in advance,
Guyl