Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Keep losing connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ezekiel6

ezekiel6

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hi, hoping someone can help me here. I'vejust moved into a new place and setup internet. The guy has an NTL broadband modem cnnected to a Linksys Router (WRK54G). I am connecting using my HP Pavillion dv6230. This mostly seems to happen at the weekend but I completely lose the internet connection and all I can do to get it back is switch the modem and router off and on at the wall, then everything comes back. But just this weekend it has got worse and seems to cut ot more regularly. Though whilst checking today it claimed I had full access to the internet but couldn't load any pages. I tried pinging the router and I got a 100% back from it which meant I was connected. I don't understand why I lose the internet though. Can anybody suggest anything? My OS is Vista Home Premium, I use firefox for surfing. The firewall is MS and I use AVG and SpyBot S&D. The network card is an Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. Cheers.

Edited by ezekiel6, 21 January 2008 - 03:33 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove