I'm unable to connect to the internet. When I try and repair the connection under Network Settings (1395 Connection) it says "failed to query tcp ip settings of the connection. cannot proceed." I've tried using the command prompt and it's various codes but I'm not getting anything from that. My Device Manager shows the 1395 Net Adapter under Network Adapters, and under Other Devices it shows a list with yellow ? beside them.
Network Adapters
- 1395 Net Adapter
Other Devices (yellow ?)
- ethernet controller
- multimedia audio controller
- multimedia audio controller
- PCI simple communications controller
- SM Bus controller
- video controller (VGA compatible)
I was told I needed to download drivers and I need the make and model of the motherboard. I ran Belarc to find the information and under Main Circuit Board it says
Board: Dell Computer Corp. 0F4491
Serial Number: ..CN48111479033K.
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A10 05/17/2004
I finally opened it up and in the middle it says E210882.
Is any of this what I need to find the drivers and if not can someone help me figure out where to look? I'm not computer savvy in the least and I'm struggling to get this fixed.
What we really need is the make and model number of the Dell computer, like Dimension 9600 or Inspiron 6000. The Service tag would also help as we could then direct you to the exact page for the drivers you need for that computer. The Dell web site is pretty good for this.
I downloaded the Intel - Driver, moved it to a cd, clicked set up on the affected computer and nothing changed. Do I need to find all the drivers before it fixes?
What do you mean you clicked Setup? The file should be R67150.exe. You double click or right click and Open it to install.
That should give you network access. If not, reboot and see if that makes a difference.
Excellent! Don't forget to do the others as well to get rid of the rest of the yellow marks in Device Manager.
Post back and let us know how you make out at the end.
I downloaded all the drivers you said to and all the yellow marks are gone! Thanks for showing me which ones to download. I couldn't have figured it out by myself.
Hey ztruker! Just wanted to say thanks for the tip. I've been looking all over for an easy fix to the same problem. So many other forums had "run around" type threads. I didn't even know Dell offered such support. Thanks!
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI