This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Can't connect to Internet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been working with a guy in the Virus/Malware forums of this site. But after one of the tests we ran I couldn't get onto the Internet anymore. My Laptop is a Dell Latitude D520. When I pull up the "Network Connections" it has 3 connections: "Local Area, Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integr.", "Wireless Network, Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card" (that's the one I use), "1394 Connection, 1394 Net Adapter". When I scroll over the icon on the bottom of my desktop it says I'm connected to my wireless network but I don't have an IP and "Repairing" it doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hi CK07

Try the IPconfig command.

Go to start, choose Run, then type: CMD

You will now come to a black DOS-like screen.

Type the following:

IPconfig /Renew (Note the space between the "g" and the slash / )
Hit enter

See if you get your connection back

Regards Abydos
Sorry, I didn't get your reply in time. I just un-installed my WLAN driver and Installed it again and it kicked in. So problem fixed. Thank you so much for replying so fast!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI