This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Ok, this is gonna be wierd for you... (speakers/headphone jack)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

You see.. I've been listening to music on my laptop downstairs to use the sound system… I had some strangely rigged up mess to get a headphone jack to my amp. The thing was that the jack was crooked and it ended up screwing my headphone input up epically. Not only does the headphone jack not work but it's damaged in such a way where it thinks that the headphone jack is being used when nothing is in there… so in the end not even the on-board speakers will work.

So I just bought some usb speakers, thinking that would be the quick fix but it seems I can only have one output going at a time ANYWAY…

So please tell me what I can do…

Can I disable the headphone jack so the computer doesn't recognize it anymore? (how?)

Any other ideas???

Thanks!

Having a computer with no sound is pretty shitty…
You going to keep the make and model of your machine and of the headphones a secret? How about more details of what/how got damaged with regard to the speaker jack? You may be right in not mentioning any detail about your equipment and the description of the damage. Because this is more than likely going to require physical replacement of the audio jack by a local tech shop or your choosing.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI