This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Sound and bluetooth problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

 

I bought a second hand computer. Now it turns out, that nothing is coming out of the headphone/external speaker output.

I get the message, that the audio device is not plugged in, although it is plugged in.

I suspect it might be a hardware problem, but I would like to be sure to exclude software issues.

At the same time, I have diifficultiies pairing bluetooth devices. I managed to pair my bluetooth speakers after much trouble, but I don't get the option to set them as my audio option.

I also wonder, if the two issues in some weird way could be related.

 

The laptop is a HP ELKVO4H running Windows 10.

 

Thanks in advance

Jens

  • When Bluetooth is not working in Windows 10, you won't be able to connect your wireless peripherals.
  • If that happens only for a particular device, you might want to reinstall it and pair it again.
  • Updating your Bluetooth driver is another effective solution, and you can also opt to do it automatically.

        For more help visit this site.

Hello

What proxy0 says is good stuff.
I will just add, not knowing if it is even an issue of yours, is that when my computer's blue tooth is on, I cannot listen to a book on my phone (over bluetooth headphones.)  The fones can be telling me they are connected to both, but I have to turn off the computer b.t. to hear anything from the phone.

(There are also all those settings about volume of media, calls, ringers…….if anything is turned down to zero…..  )

 

dennoi

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI