This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Speaker issue (USB related?)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recently, my grandfather and I purchased an ONN speaker from Walmart for his meetings (He's deaf and requires a bit louder audio to comprehend what's going on). We plugged it up to the PC, USB is proper and all, and the speaker was turned on, however it wasn't connecting to the PC. I checked through Audio Mixer, Control Panel (mmsys.cpl and all that) and I couldn't find anything. I did see that it showed "speakers" in Sound - Playback, but it says that those speakers are not plugged in. There's an option for an A/V jack, but with the money we've sunk into this and the fact that it should work with a USB makes me determined to figure out exactly what the Hell is wrong with this. 

 

I'd need something more specific to discuss the particulars of what you have, but my limited experience is that the speakers require a usb connection for power, but play through the 3.5mm jack.

 

Does your speakers not have two wires,  1 usb and one speaker wire?

 

The only other way I've had them is bluetooth.  Obviously there are many configurations that I've never used.  If you could provide model, etc… perhaps I can provide more help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI