This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Netgear router WGR614 v9

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I reset the router to factory after the lap had problems and I could not connect. I downloaded autoruns and connectivity was gone. How do I begin to reconnect ? If I am online the router is not involved and if not online I can't set the router. Thank you
Hi, sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing.
When you reset the router did you configure it in accordance with the instructions?
Can you connect to the Internet via your modem if the router is not connected?
Is your network card recognised as working correctly in Device Manager? (no yellow or red marks?

Have a look here for the instructions and follow them through:
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a…2lkL21nQXJYTlJq
also you may find extra info here:
http://www.pcwintech.com/node/235

If you still cannot resolve the issue then please make sure you power cycle your modem and your router and close down and restart your computer.
if still no joy
with the router connected do this:
Start
Run
Cmd
ipconfig /all
OK
note the space between the g and the / is necessary in the above command.
copy the output and let us have the info and someone will get back to you with the next steps
Regards
paws
HI Again I had some luck along with your help and I feel my system is secure again. It was a matter of, "One thing leading to another", rather than one issue. Your suggestions did prove helpful in addressing the different issues and I thank you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI