This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Magic Jack issues

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been using Magic Jack for a year and over the past few weeks. I've been having some glitches………but now I can't get it to work at all. I've tried system restarts….even overnight power downs…….but nothing has worked.
Hi your details indicate that you are using Win ME as your operating system. The software is not generally supported under Win ME……..however as you have used it satisfactorily in the past maybe you can get it to work again by using System Restore to roll back your computer to a time when your Voip worked well. At least its worth a try. Regards paws
Here's an update for anyone who finds them self in the same predicament. You could try a system restore along with various other software fixes…..but you might want to look at your hardware first. In my case the USB port I was using was not apparently putting out enough juice to run the plugin…..so I purchased a powered USB port and my problem was solved….and you don't need to buy the most expensive brand……but don't cheap out either……hopefully this helps someone.
In order for you to get some help…..you will need to open a new topic window…..and be sure to give all the details regarding your problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI