Redcell
Topic Starter
Hello all. Just wanted to get some outside imput. That might help me come up with other ideals on what the problem might be. Had computer A plug into a jack in the wall. worked fine. moved computer B there and moved computer A out. But computer B gets a limited connection. Bring computer B to a diffrent jack and it works perfectly. So i grab a laptop and plug into the jack that was giving me the limited error. And got the error. Tried computer C and still the error came up. So I test the cable test fine . test patch cords test fine. I pull a brand new cable (its a short run) punched down with new jack and a diffrent place on the punchdown panel. Thinking this will get rid of the error but no same exact error.
I tested 3 computers on the bad jack to no avail. But all 3 work at diffrent spots on the network. Pulled whole new cable replace jacks and patchcords. Diffrent port on the switch and diffrent spot on the punch down panel. And I still get the same error. Tested both cables and they tested fine. double checked switch settings. and everything looks fine.
I am lost and rack me braine for 6 hours before having to walk away for fear of tearing it out of the wall. Any imput would be great.