Katie S
Topic Starter
Hello, my name is katie and i need some help!
Okay, here it goes. I am the owner of WRT54G2 V1 linksys router, and i seem to be having some problems. I connect through a modem connected to a phone line and without my wireless i can connect to the internet just fine. Its when i connect the modem to the wireless where i have trouble. I should probably add that i just recently got my laptop completely cleaned off and i was afraid that it might have wiped off any software or anything that helps the router connect so i put in the "installation cd" and ran it through my computer but it says i need to be able to connect my modem to the phone line then the modem to the router then the router to my computer but i do not have a cross over cord.. or the blue ethernet cord, im not sure if i just never got one, but i do not have one. so i got on the internet and started doing so research in hopes that there would be some other ways that i could get around going and buying a new cord. So first off i downloaded the new firmware for my router and that did nothing. I've tried everything. I go to the control panel and type in CMD and i get lines that come up telling me strange things. then i type in ipconfig and it doesn't give me any IP addresses. So my guess is that the IP address has been changed or is not recognized by the computer. Then i try typing in the 192.168.1.1 IP address into a webpage and i just get an error page i do not get the login. Im trying to avoid buying the cord if possible, it may be my only solution though.. any advice.. help.. comments??
anything would really help, im really frustrated.
Please.