Hi , Ok I understand,
It may be possible to fix this through software…. however I need to know how your keyboard is currently mapped……Here's what I would like you to do:
1 Please let me know what different other keys "appear" when you use your keyboard, for example
please type
[removed]
and then £$% followed by " ( the last one is just above the 2 with the Shift key held down)
Let me know how this "appears" on your RM please
2 If this can be fixed by software mapping I need to know if you can navigate your way on your RM…. Like this:
Hi, OK,
I think you should be able to fix this one quite easily,
It looks as though someone has used the function key or the Num Lock on the Keyboard……either by mistake, or forgotten to switch it off….
1 Find the function Key on your keyboard (it will be labelled Fn or similar and may be written in a different colour than the usual keys…..often in blue) also find the key that says Num Lock in blue..it might be labelled Num Lk
2 Have a look at the J key on your keyboard …it may have a figure 1 on it….maybe in blue or perhaps written on the side of the key……..
3 In any event if you press down the FN key and the Num Lock, then let go and then and press J you should now get J and not 1……
4 generally the use of the two keys Fn and Num Lock act as a toggle switch switching the numeric keyboard on and off.
Let us know if this does the trick for you
Note some laptops just need you to press the Fn Key, others just the Num Lock and others need both pressing to switch between numeric keyboard and the normal one…….so you may need to experiment a bit!
Good Luck
Regards
paws