TechnologicallyS
Topic Starter
Hello All. 
I recently (as in, about 30 minutes ago) got my window's seven upgrade disc in the mail (came free with my laptop). I popped it into my laptop and it checked everything out. However, when it came to the compatibility part, it says that my Dell Wireless WLAN Card utility is going to be permanently removed, but that I can download a compatible version off the Windows Seven website. I immediately paused my installing (it's still mid-upgrade) and came to you guys with my problem.
I'm worried about what the WLAN card utility is, and how it'll affect my wireless connection if it gets removed. Any help/information?
Thank you!
p.s. I checked around and found out others were having similar pains. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums…d7-42a2b1ef5a33 <- this says that I won't need it and that it'd be okay to remove? Is that true?
And if it helps at all, my operating system is Vista 64bit, and I'm upgrading to Seven 64bit. Both are home premium.
I recently (as in, about 30 minutes ago) got my window's seven upgrade disc in the mail (came free with my laptop). I popped it into my laptop and it checked everything out. However, when it came to the compatibility part, it says that my Dell Wireless WLAN Card utility is going to be permanently removed, but that I can download a compatible version off the Windows Seven website. I immediately paused my installing (it's still mid-upgrade) and came to you guys with my problem.
I'm worried about what the WLAN card utility is, and how it'll affect my wireless connection if it gets removed. Any help/information?
Thank you!
p.s. I checked around and found out others were having similar pains. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums…d7-42a2b1ef5a33 <- this says that I won't need it and that it'd be okay to remove? Is that true?
And if it helps at all, my operating system is Vista 64bit, and I'm upgrading to Seven 64bit. Both are home premium.