Hi, hoping for some info on these drivers - very uninformed about updating drivers.
Kept getting this message for weeks: "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."
Ran PCPitstop and it said the unit needed the 2 new drivers. Went to Dell and downloaded and installed them. Went back to PCPitstop the next day after tweaking some other stuff it said the computer needed and reran the tests. Again it says the same 2 drivers I just installed are still needed. What's up with that?
It's Vista BTW - been using Vista 7 months since purchasing this computer and still haven't gotten it figured out! Now I hear MS is about to release yet another OS. Good grief! I hope it's simpler to get to know than Vista has been!
Thanks in advance for anything anyone may know about it!
Greetings.
Go to start > settings > control panel > system & maintenance > device manager >
Right click on wireless network adapter and properties and click driver and you will see an option to update the driver in that window.
Or if the above fails, again via the Device Manager, you can right click and uninstall the wireless card and reboot. Windows should automatically install the correct driver.
Ok - uninstalled the drivers and installed the new ones I had put in my Download folder.
Lost wireless connection to the internet because I couldn't remember the Router Passcode. Used my husbands computer to Google and found the passphrase and am now back online.
Hopefully the problem with the WLAN will be okay now.
Thanks for your help. You can close this now.
With Gratitude,
Sharon
Thanks for the update and glad to hear the improvement.
The thread will remain open for the time being should your issue arise again.
Let us know if we can help further in the future.
Thanks. Today a new problem has arisen.
The mouse cursor is behaving strangely. It sometimes won't go where I try to put it, sometimes just jumps to the top of the page and jiggles around, and sometimes disappears altogether.
Bizarre.
Yes this is very bizarre when it happens but it does happen on occasion for various reasons. I've had it happen to myself and have also troubleshooted the same problem with others.
First off is this a laptop or desktop? If the former is this an external mouse or the touch pad?
In either case what type of mouse is it? Is it wireless? Laser? etc.
Sorry to take so long to get back.
It's a Dell Inspiron 1721 laptop with a touchpad mouse. That's all I know about what kind of mouse it is. In Device Manager it just says:
Dell Touchpad
HID Compliant Mouse
Does that help? My mouse has gone AMOK!