This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet explorer 8 w/vista gets blank pages- says done on bottom

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recently, my internet explorer will get blank pages in the browser and will say done on the bottom left of the page. When the computer is restarted.. the pages will work for around 50 internet pages.. then go blank again.. and comp will need to be restarted. Please help.. this is very annoying and I am wondering if it is ie8, a bug.. or a configuration. Please help… Thank you so much in advance, Paul
malwarebytes wont open. It says runtime error 0, 440 automation error. Also, I've been having problems with ie8. I will be able to use ie and after about 50 pages, my browser will go blank and will say page done. When i go to favorites, my browser will open only the favorite pages, but not a new page. The only way I can fix the ie explorer temporarily is I have to restart the computer and then I will be able to use another 50 pages then restart again. Here is a hijackthis log.

📎HJT_for_Pblyman.txt

Please help… Thank you so much in advance!!!!
Paul

I rolled your HJT up into an attached file.
We don't typically analyze HJT in these tech Forums.
If you have additional difficulty with this product, or with symptoms of infection, please post acording to the instructions of jpshortstuff below.

Best Regards
Hi,

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [InnoSetupRegFile.0000000001] "C:\Windows\is-7C5PE.exe" /REG

These lines indicate that the installation was incomplete or corrupted. Uninstall MalwareBytes' if possible, then re-download the installer and try again. If you can't uninstall MBAM, try using the removal tool for it to uninstall manually:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

If you are having Malware/Infection issues then post a new topic in our Infections Removal Forum.

If your only remaining issue is with IE8 then post in our Browsers, Internet and Email Forum.

Hope that helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI