This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

GROUP MAIL IN OUTLOOK FAILS TO SEND

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Running Windows xp home - dell computer. Outlook 2003. E-mail send and receive is very reliable, except when I try to send a group e-mail. They used to work for me on other computers, but not on this one. I even tried deleting the specific group and re-installing it. I have some groups that will send, but several that won't send. I get an error message that says: Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6C) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 452 4.1.1 … temporary failure' Any idea what to do? I tried the "update now" function for the group e-mails multiple times. I also checked to remove bad addresses and sent a test message individually to each address listed and removed any that bounced, but still keep getting the message. HELP!
Hmm.. I must not have submitted my reply yesterday to this problem…


The problem and answer has been stated in this quote:

'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).


In laymen's terms.. Your ISP has prevented you from doing that. Either they have chosen to prevent that type of e-mail or the server is unable to fulfill your request. The error numbers suggest that you are trying to send too many messages at once and have surpassed an alotted "storage limit." If you have a problem with that contact them and ask them why. :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI