Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

GROUP MAIL IN OUTLOOK FAILS TO SEND

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TexasAirman

TexasAirman

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Running Windows xp home - dell computer. Outlook 2003. E-mail send and receive is very reliable, except when I try to send a group e-mail. They used to work for me on other computers, but not on this one. I even tried deleting the specific group and re-installing it. I have some groups that will send, but several that won't send. I get an error message that says: Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6C) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 452 4.1.1 ... temporary failure' Any idea what to do? I tried the "update now" function for the group e-mails multiple times. I also checked to remove bad addresses and sent a test message individually to each address listed and removed any that bounced, but still keep getting the message. HELP!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

Hmm.. I must not have submitted my reply yesterday to this problem...

The problem and answer has been stated in this quote:

'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

In laymen's terms.. Your ISP has prevented you from doing that. Either they have chosen to prevent that type of e-mail or the server is unable to fulfill your request. The error numbers suggest that you are trying to send too many messages at once and have surpassed an alotted "storage limit." If you have a problem with that contact them and ask them why. :)

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.