I'm using GroupMail (by Infacta) to send an email to a group but it doesn’t go thru. How do I figure what's the problem?
This is the error message from the Delivery Console:
GroupMail :: Delivery Console v5.02.058
Started: 10/16/2009 10:26:02 AM
Initializing delivery engine
Delivery engine version: v7.1.0.1
Loading queue
Enabling queue monitor
Start-up complete
Preparing delivery job
Delivery Started
- GroupMail v5.02.058
- Delivery Console v5.02.058
- Delivery Engine v7.1.0.1
~~~
Attaching: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\document.doc (25.5 KB)
Queued: [removed]
Sending to: [removed]
Attaching: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\document.doc (25.5 KB)
Queued: [removed]
Failed: [removed]
- Error with connecting server
- current server: smtp.aol.com
- connect failed, error: 0x00000000
- code:2 : Error Connecting with Server. If you have a firewall enabled please make sure that port 25 is open. If you have an Anti-Virus program running please make sure that it is configured NOT to check OUT BOUND email.
I see that you've posted at other locations on the internet, looking for answers to this same problem.
I do hope that an informed helper will reply with a good solution for you.
I have a couple of thoughts for you, that may help or not.
It appears that InFacta Group Mail is asking for you to select Port 25 for SMTP (simple mail transport protocol)
Port 25 is commonly used, but may not be the active SMTP port for your ISP, in which case you would need to set the SMTP Port according to the requirements of your ISP.
It is also the case that some ISP's, internet service providers, place limits on how and how much mail is sent through their servers.
It appears that you have selected an AOL account for serving your Group Mail batching.
You should contact your AOL ISP office to see what requirements they may have placed on your account.
Please keep us posted with your progress and eventual solution.
by "network provider" I presume you are referring to your subscribed Internet Service Provider.
And yes, they will do that if the traffic coming from a particular customer (you) even vaguely appears to be spam broadcasting.
No matter how legitimate the posts or emails may actually be, the automated .bot scanners used by ISP's occasionally identify traffic as unacceptable.
Even if it is currently resolved, it is possible that it will occur again.
It may be well for you to establish a strong direct conversation/correspondence with your ISP so they will know that traffic from your account is legit.
Best Regards
I have installed the free version of GroupMail5 on my computer. I am trying to work with a business in downtown Toronto. For the purpose of this business, I have to send out mass emails to our clients. I like GroupMail because it has a very easy to use interface.
I have set up My Account so that it matches to my company's server. Kindly note that I am working from home and trying to connect to an external server. So, I changed My Account Settings as follows:
Under email address and reply to address, I entered my email that was set up by my company for me. Under Delivery Options, I added my company's server address (mail.larial.com) in the SMTP Server tab. The SMTP port is set to 25. I clicked on the SetUp options, added mail.larial.com including my user name and password under the SMTP and POP3 tabs. I checked both of them, clicked ok and ran the test email. I made sure to send a test email to my yahoo account ([removed]) Before sending the test email, I closed off my virus protection and firewall. The email still did not go through.
The Test Email Settings are as follows:
Text Message to [removed]
Mode: Standard: mail.larial.com (Port: 25)
Address: [removed]
Sent mode: Standard: mail.larial.com
SMTP Authentication: Yes (account: [removed]/LOGIN)
Domain: (private)
Connection: 1
Authentication Connection: POP3
Account: [removed]/Server: mail.larial.com
POP Authentication successful
Sending to: [removed]
Queued: [removed]
Failed: [removed] Connection Error: 0x00000000 Code 2: Error containing with server. if you have a firewall enabled please make sure that port 25 is open.
Doug, I don't get it. Why does it specify that connection error is there? I am sure that the port was 25 when I sent out the email.
Hi Arzoo,
This is one that you will need to coordinate with your ISP.
Call their Telephone support.
Ask the tech support person to walk you through the settings when setting up your email account.
Could be that your logon requires authentication, or that it requires no authentication.
I wouldn't know what to guess.
Please ask them directly and have them stay online when you send your first test email.
Best Regards
Hi Doug
I do have a password for the external server I am trying to connect. This aspect of the issue doesn't matter, correct?
Let me know
take care
Kind Regards
Arzoo
Your ISP is your "local" internet service provider. The service that you subscribe to to get internet and email access at your home.
Many ISPs have decided to block Port 25, which is the customary port for sending email.
They have done this to prevent "spam" (large volume commercial advertising) messages from being sent over their server.
You'll have to talk directly with them.
As an example, in Canada you might be subscribed to Cox.CA or Rogers Cable Communication Inc.
Look them up in your Telephone Directory.
Or have a look on your Cable or DSL monthly billing.
There should be a contact telephone number
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI