This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook Express 6 problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I haven't been able to receive any emails for a few days. It never gets past the "Authorizing" part. It gives a "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity…………………. Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" message before it times out. So I call my ISP, and they told me that it's a firewall problem. Okay…so I temporarily disabled both of my firewalls (Windows Security Center and EZ Firewall) and tried again…..same message. I have Windows XP2. Can anybody help me? Oh, I can send email from Outlook Express…it sends it before doing anything else…but can't recieve any.
WIndows Security Center is just a monitoring thing…kind of a pain though. Problem is not in my firewall or anti-virus…it's an OE thing apparently; I've been able to check my email through my internet browser. So…do I delete my account in OE and set up a new one, or do I take OE out completely, then reinstall?
I was having problems with my outlook express a few months ago myself. I was able to fix everything, without having to delete my emails, with scandbx (www.scandbx.com). Plus, they have an error lookup tool which I found to be very useful. Hope this helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI