This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problems installing iTunes

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. I'm having issues with iTunes. During installation, it quits with a message: Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\32A7D634EB632D11CABB00087CCFBB48\20BE5D6981EDDCD47A3129B94416ACD8 Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. So now it can't install on my computer, but still pops up when I plug in my iPod. This happened after following some instruction on Apple's support site as my iPod he stopped being recognized by iTunes (still shows up in My Computer). Before that started happening, I've been getting a message at the start of iTunes saying it may not have installed properly and i can't import or burn cds. I could import cds, but not burn. I uninstalled and reinstalled many times and nothing from iTunes support has helped.. just made it worse. Please send some helpful messages! I'm desperate :wacko:

Hello. I'm having issues with iTunes. During installation, it quits with a message:

Could not open key:
UNKNOWN\Components\32A7D634EB632D11CABB00087CCFBB48\20BE5D6981EDDCD47A3129B94416ACD8
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

So now it can't install on my computer, but still pops up when I plug in my iPod. This happened after following some instruction on Apple's support site as my iPod he stopped being recognized by iTunes (still shows up in My Computer). Before that started happening, I've been getting a message at the start of iTunes saying it may not have installed properly and i can't import or burn cds. I could import cds, but not burn. I uninstalled and reinstalled many times and nothing from iTunes support has helped.. just made it worse.

Please send some helpful messages! I'm desperate :wacko:


You may benefit from following instructions posted at Apple.com - Support - Discussions -iTunes for Windows
Here's a sample link: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t…09&tstart=0

Seems you are not alone with this problem.

If you do delve into your machine's Registry, be sure to back it up entirely before making changes.

Best Regards
That's discouraging. Sorry your problems are persisting. From your remark I would be led to believe that you attempted each and every suggested fix in that Topic Thread, as well as other suggestions from discussion apple.com ? I would encourage you to post your own topic at that forum and list the solutions that you have actually performed up to this point. Perhaps one of their specialists will be able to take you the next step.
The problem i have is on jnd73's post. At the step: Right click & choose permissions click advanced, and then the owner tab type "administrators" in current owners field and check th box to replace the owner on subcontainer and volumes When I try to apply the setting, it says: Registry editor could not set owner on the key currently selected or some of its subkeys.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI