This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

iTunes & Safari won't start after update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just updated iTunes & Quicktime via the automatic updater, when prompted. Now iTunes and Safari do not run - I get an error message saying something like "iTunes/Safari has encountered an unexpected problem and will now close" etc etc. I tried reinstalling both iTunes & Safari but still the same result. Any ideas? Cheers Chris.
Hi hazy7,

Apple support has an article on how to remove and reinstall iTunes & Quicktime, this might help you.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925 - Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

For this to work properly make sure to remove all software as indicated in the article. Uninstall Safari as well, then reinstall the software again as per the article.

Hope this helps,

Rich
Hi Rich, I followed the article you mentioned, uninstalled all Apple programs including Safari, verified it was all uninstalled, then reinstalled iTunes. But STILL I get the message: 'iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close" Any other ideas? Thanks for the help by the way. Chris.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI