Hi,
Hope somebody can help. I have an Acer laptop and have been happily using an external USB number pad with a citrix application for the last 6 months+. Over the weekend, the number pad was damaged, so I purchased a replacement today. So for some reason now, if I type too quickly on the number pad, it either does not respond or responds in a way that it should not i.e. moves back a couple of space instead of inputting a number. I have tried two different brands with the same result.
Things tried so far.
System restore
Mouse Keys - unchecked different boxes
Neither worked. I am using Vista and the number pad seems to function correctly on other packages that are local to my computer vs. remote via citrix. Anybody help? Also, if you hold down the Enter key then the number pad functions correctly, but I need to use the Enter for other things so this is not the answer.
Hi, sorry to hear of the problem with the number pad.
Have you tried plugging in an ordinary keyboard (from a desktop computer) and seeing if this does the trick?
Regards
paws
All the keyboards I own are not USB keyboards and there is no PS/2? connector on my laptop. Seem to have it working for now, it seems to be something to do with numlock on the lap vs. numlock on the keypad. Very weird!
UPDATE
So it seems the old number pad I had would turn off and on num lock on my laptop. Neither of the two new keypads do this, which is what is causing the problem. Any idea how to make my number pad turn off/on num lock on my laptop?
Hi, There's 3 regular ways of tuning on/off the num lockā¦(and probably even more irregular ways!)
1 Hold down the Fn key and press the num lock button
2 Enter the BiOS and set numlock to on
3 Edit the registry to set num lock on as default
here's how http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154529
Regards
paws
Thanks for the tips. I was hoping to be able to turn num lock on and off via the USB keypad. It seems everything works fine unless I am using the citrix xenapp to work remotely and then there is some crazy delay that causes the weird action I first described. This is combated by pressing numlock on the laptop (rather than the keypad) but it is a hassle for the type of work being carried out.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI