This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Device Manager Code 19 with keyboard and Razer Naga Keyboard

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been having this problem for about 3 weeks now. My issue is that any time I unplug/reinsert my Razer Naga the number pad stops working and when I restart my computer, neither the number pad on the or my keyboard will work. My keyboard is a ps/2 that came with the computer when I bought it. I had found a small work-around in doing a system restore to a point where the problem did not exist and it fixes the issue. However, anytime I restart my computer both stop and when I unplug and reinsert the Naga the issue with it reappears. Other fixes I have tried are deleting upper and lower filter values in the registry, running a virus/malware scan, and uninstalling/re-installing or rolling back the drivers. None of these have fixed the problem. Both drivers are up to date. I'm sorry I cannot help pinpoint a smaller time frame of when and what could have caused the issue.

In the device manager under general properties for my Razer Naga (currently it is the one not working due to unplugging, I have not yet restarted windows so I can retain access to my keyboard for the time being) the device status says:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

I first noticed it when I did a few updates for windows 3 weeks ago and restarted the computer to install them. I am finally at a loss and my last resort is to back up my files onto an external hard drive and reformat the computer. Any advice or fixes that would prevent this tedious process are welcome. I do not wish to give in to the problem and would much prefer to learn something new about combating issues like this instead of resorting to re-installing windows.

My PcPitstop Scan: http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=25222652 all of my computer information should be there.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: So I have no clue if this information has anything to do with my issue but it seems fishy to me at least (as ignorant as I am about these kinds of things). In my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} the upper filters data says "klkbdflt kbdclass". I did some looking into the klkbdflt portion and it is suppose to have something to do with Kaspersky, which I did have on my computer at one time but have deleted it since. I want to say I put it on the computer after the problem had arisen, but I cannot remember for sure. My point and question about this is, should that text be there even though the program is no longer on my computer and there is no klkbdflt.sys in my C:/Windows/System32/drivers folder and could it be what is causing my issue?

Sorry for all the edits before I've even received a reply, I'm just trying to keep the information updated and as detailed as I can to help expedite the process.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI