Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

NO SOUND FROM THE INTERNET

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Herman

Robert Herman

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

After I went through a rather lengthy regime of malware cleaning, I lost my sound from every source, as well as the speaker icon from my tool bar.

I rolled back my driver and got sound on my CDs, DVDs, and Windows Media Player. Presto! My speaker icon returned. I now have sound everywhere EXCEPT from the Internet.

Any suggestions?

My own research indicates that I may be missing a file in my Registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32. I looked there and it is empty.

Here are my qustions:

First, do you feel comfortable offering an opinion whether the solutions offered at either of the following sites might address my problem, i.e., I have NO sound from the Internet.

http://en.kioskea.ne....nd-on-internet (the advice and text offered in the light green box by Allie, on Dec 9, 2008 4:39:35 am GMT)

http://www.mydigital....emapper-trick/ (the three-step process provided under Flash No Sound WaveMapper Solution)

Second, if you are not comfortable giving an opinion whether either of these will work, could you please tell me how to make them happen. I've tried to do both and cannot get the text entered in my Registry @ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Robert Herman

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

Hi Robert. I haven't read the links. Please go to control panel -> sound and audio devices. Under both the "Audio" and "Voice" tab make sure the default devices for playback and recording are set to your soundcard device. There may be another device listed such as a modem. Make sure they are set to your sound card. Presto! Problem should be solved. :) EDIT: Both links you provided are broken.

Edited by appleoddity, 27 September 2009 - 05:31 PM.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 Robert Herman

Robert Herman

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the tip. I rechecked those settings and they were OK.

My bad. I should have checked the links.

If you are willing to give another look, I certainly could use the help.

As I stated before, I'd like feedback on either the solutions themselves, or on how to make them happen (I've tried both).

Here is the material those links provide:

Number 1:

Here's the solution to your problem:

Copy this text into notepad (starting with Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00) and save it to your desktop using the name "missing.reg":

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"midimapper"="midimap.dll"
"msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
"msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
"msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
"msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
"msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
"vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
"VIDC.I420"="i420vfw.dll"
"vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv32"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
"VIDC.IYUV"="iyuv_32.dll"
"vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
"vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
"VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
"wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
"msacm.msg723"="msg723.acm"
"vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
"vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
"msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
"msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
"msacm.iac2"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iac25_32.ax"
"vidc.iv50"="ir50_32.dll"
"wave"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.WMV3"="wmv9vcm.dll"
"VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
"msacm.voxacm160"="vct3216.acm"
"MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
"MSVideo8"="VfWWDM32.dll"
"wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux"="wdmaud.drv"
"vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
"vidc.X264"="x264vfw.dll"
"VIDC.FPS1"="frapsvid.dll"
"vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
"VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
"VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
"VIDC.YV12"="yv12vfw.dll"
"wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.MSUD"="msulvc05.dll"
"wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux3"="wdmaud.drv"

After saving the file, go to START > RUN > and type 'regedit' and then click OK
In the registry, select FILE > IMPORT and select the "missing.reg" file from your desktop
You should get a confirmation that it was imported successfully.

This is an instant fix ... your speakers should now work for web sounds, no reboot required.

Number 2:

There is a general Flash no sound registry fix to solve all driver mapping problem that may exists. But if you don’t want to touch so many registry keys, try the following trick which is also a better solution – direct to the cause.

Flash No Sound WaveMapper Solution

Launch Registry Editor by typing regedit at Run command.
Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

On the right pane, and check for existance of “wavemapper” registry subkey, the mail culprit causing Flash no sound. If not found, create a new String value named “wavemapper”, and give the entry value “msacm32.drv”.
If wavemapper entry is already existed, ensure that its value data is “msacm32.drv”.

Also ensure and verify that the msacm32.drv driver file is existing in C:\Windows\System32 folder. (I did this: it is there.)