This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

NO SOUND FROM THE INTERNET

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After I went through a rather lengthy regime of malware cleaning, I lost my sound from every source, as well as the speaker icon from my tool bar.

I rolled back my driver and got sound on my CDs, DVDs, and Windows Media Player. Presto! My speaker icon returned. I now have sound everywhere EXCEPT from the Internet.

Any suggestions?

My own research indicates that I may be missing a file in my Registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32. I looked there and it is empty.

Here are my qustions:

First, do you feel comfortable offering an opinion whether the solutions offered at either of the following sites might address my problem, i.e., I have NO sound from the Internet.

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-2…nd-on-internet (the advice and text offered in the light green box by Allie, on Dec 9, 2008 4:39:35 am GMT)

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0…emapper-trick/ (the three-step process provided under Flash No Sound WaveMapper Solution)


Second, if you are not comfortable giving an opinion whether either of these will work, could you please tell me how to make them happen. I've tried to do both and cannot get the text entered in my Registry @ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Robert Herman
Hi Robert. I haven't read the links. Please go to control panel -> sound and audio devices. Under both the "Audio" and "Voice" tab make sure the default devices for playback and recording are set to your soundcard device. There may be another device listed such as a modem. Make sure they are set to your sound card. Presto! Problem should be solved. :) EDIT: Both links you provided are broken.
Thanks for the tip. I rechecked those settings and they were OK.

My bad. I should have checked the links.

If you are willing to give another look, I certainly could use the help.


As I stated before, I'd like feedback on either the solutions themselves, or on how to make them happen (I've tried both).

Here is the material those links provide:


Number 1:

Here's the solution to your problem:

Copy this text into notepad (starting with Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00) and save it to your desktop using the name "missing.reg":

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"midimapper"="midimap.dll"
"msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
"msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
"msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
"msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
"msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
"vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
"VIDC.I420"="i420vfw.dll"
"vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv32"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
"VIDC.IYUV"="iyuv_32.dll"
"vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
"vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
"VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
"wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
"msacm.msg723"="msg723.acm"
"vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
"vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
"msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
"msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
"msacm.iac2"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iac25_32.ax"
"vidc.iv50"="ir50_32.dll"
"wave"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.WMV3"="wmv9vcm.dll"
"VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
"msacm.voxacm160"="vct3216.acm"
"MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
"MSVideo8"="VfWWDM32.dll"
"wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux"="wdmaud.drv"
"vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
"vidc.X264"="x264vfw.dll"
"VIDC.FPS1"="frapsvid.dll"
"vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
"VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
"VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
"VIDC.YV12"="yv12vfw.dll"
"wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.MSUD"="msulvc05.dll"
"wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux3"="wdmaud.drv"

After saving the file, go to START > RUN > and type 'regedit' and then click OK
In the registry, select FILE > IMPORT and select the "missing.reg" file from your desktop
You should get a confirmation that it was imported successfully.

This is an instant fix … your speakers should now work for web sounds, no reboot required.


Number 2:

There is a general Flash no sound registry fix to solve all driver mapping problem that may exists. But if you don’t want to touch so many registry keys, try the following trick which is also a better solution – direct to the cause.

Flash No Sound WaveMapper Solution

Launch Registry Editor by typing regedit at Run command.
Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

On the right pane, and check for existance of “wavemapper” registry subkey, the mail culprit causing Flash no sound. If not found, create a new String value named “wavemapper”, and give the entry value “msacm32.drv”.
If wavemapper entry is already existed, ensure that its value data is “msacm32.drv”.

Also ensure and verify that the msacm32.drv driver file is existing in C:\Windows\System32 folder. (I did this: it is there.)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI