This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows DVD Maker Erro

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a MKV video that I want to burn on DVD. I have Windows DVD Maker on this computer and when it is about .07% into encoding I receive the following error: "Cannot create the DVD/ An error occurred when burning the DVD." Now I have installed the AC3 Filter and ffdshow codec. I have searched on numerous sites to find related problems/solutions. I do not know what else to do. Please help!!! Thanks, Heather
Hi Heather and welcome to the WTT forums
:welcome:
It looks as though you may have to do a bit of research to be able to convert the MKV to a format suitable for burning to DVD…
Here's a link to a site that might give you some information, or at least get you started.
http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/4727p1.html
I have not tested any of the applications or links so cannot give you any assurances…..
so as always, proceed with great caution, make sure your back up/ copy/archive/disc image is 100% up to date, accurate, comprehensive, reproducible and with a separate copy kept safe on removable media. Back up your Registry before you do anything else ERUNT is good for this
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
and as usual create a system restore point.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI