This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows DVD Maker Problems

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I try to take movies and burn them to DVDs to play in standard DVD players. I get the files imported just fine, but when the program is activated to do the actual burning, the following error appears… WINDOWS DVD MAKER HAS STOPPED WORKING— a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. I get the same problem if using Windows Movie Maker as well. Any suggestions?
We don't make specific recommendations for software of this type. And even if we did, it would be difficult since a primary consideration is personal preference. You can Google: "DVD encoding software" to have a look at what is available. From my perspective, there is no good way to authenticate that any one dvd encoding software is safe, legal, and will meet your personal preference standards. Doing your own homework is important. Personally, I think I'd hang out at various CD related websites and forums, reading and comparing until I was able to glean enough information to make a safe, legal and effective choice for myself. And then I would practice, practice, practice, before trusting any of my important media to the workings of any software I selected. Sorry we don't have any more readily available information for you. Best Regards
There are many other DVD authoring program on the web available, and some of them are free.
If you just want to burn your videos and movies to DVD without much customization, you may use Aimersoft DVD Creator, but if you want more complex functions, Nero may satisfy you. Hope it helps! :blush:

Edited by paws
link in sig to paid for privacy software removed
Do you have anything else running while Windows DVD Maker is trying to burn? (Yes, other DVD Encoders are nice, but Windows DVD Maker still works for basic files and shouldn't stop working like that.) Many times on older computers, I've discovered that having an active internet connection while trying to burn causes many problems. Or, it may be that you might have too many memory-intense programs running while trying to burn.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI