This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

"Illegal disc" message when burning DVDs

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just got a Lite-On dual-layer DVD writer and I have Nero, CloneDVD2, DVDfab Decrypter, and AnyDVD and running on Windows XP. Whenever I try to burn DVDs, I get an "Illegal Disc" message and I can't finish burning. The problem is that I get the same message no matter what I'm trying to burn; whether its a major motion picture(decrypted), bootleg, videos that I downloaded and converted, and even a video of my sister's wedding! Theres nothing wrong with the drive because it reads all discs and burns CDs. So can anybody help me because after 2 weeks trying to figure it out, I'm stumped.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI