Can you please help me? When i play some DVD's on my laptop, they work fine. Others, i can only hear audio, but not video. i installed a couple of codecs files and now I get an error message saying WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER CAN NOT PLAY DVD VIDEO. I am not sure what to do from here? Can you assist?
You need an actual DVD software to view DVDs.
It will ordinarily come pre-installed & most often with a separate CD for installation when purchased new.
Some common Brand Names include:
Power DVD
WinDVD
Easy DVD
thanks for the help! i installed a free 30 day trial of WinDVD - works great, bettter quality too - i will probably just purchase at the end of the trial - thanks for the help. I am so sick of Media Player problems - this is perfect! i am not tech savvy so you made my day - very easy
Thanks for posting your success, KKing.
I'm glad it's working for you now.
Ztruker's information is also correct. There are ways to modify WMD to facilitate playing DVD.
But you have taken a very effective and satisfactory route for your own success.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI