Hi everyone,
In trying to resolve some Norton Anti Virus issues, the guy on the Symantec Support team believes the problems are connected with me having multiple versions of the Microsoft Dot Net Framework running on my PC.
Is there an issue with running more than one version of the Dot Net Framework on my PC?
What I have currently installed (all automatically via Microsoft Updates) are:-
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
This is what is listed as the error signatures in the Error Message "Symantec Service Framework" pop up window that keeps appearing saying Microsoft has encountered a problem:-
szAppName : ccSvcHst.exe szAppVer : [removed] szModName : msvcr80.dll
szModVer : 8.0.50727.3053 offset : 00014500
Hoping for some help,
vinylman
Hi everyone,
The problem with my NAV error message "Symantec Service Framework" appears to have been fixed by a Symantec Hot fix that "paws" found for me (ref my post in the Other Softwae section of the forum.
So I think I'm OK for now and guess I don't need to worry about multiple versions of .NET Framework on my PC. (I was never convinced it was a problem because the Symantec Support guy didn't seem to know what he was saying!.)
Feeling better again thanks to the team at WhattheTech
vinylman
My problem turned out to be a known bug with some of the latest updates to NAV2009. This has been fixed now by applying a Symantec Hotfix found for me by "paws" in the "Other Software" forum. It has completely resolved my problem
I'm rather annoyed with the Symantec Support team who were not aware they had this Hot fix available!
They trieed to make out it was a MS Windows >NET Framework issue but this was not the case at all!
So happy for this post to be closed now
vinylman
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI