Jathsis
Topic Starter
Hello,
I keep getting this error "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." at random times. I have read many removal processes and cannot get this to stop. Please check my log and see if I am missing something. Detailed info has been slightly different from most posts.
szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2180 szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 83831a83
Most I have read have a .dll in place of the Unknown I am getting.
I have tried a few different spyware/av software scans ….Antivir, Norton, Trend Micro, spybot, ad aware….
I occasionally get these alerts from Antivir – TR/Proxy.Dlena.B.2 – TR/Crypt.ULPM.Gen. every tool I have tried for removing these have said it was cleaned, however, I still get the alerts.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:32:31 PM, on 2/10/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon04.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPHipm11.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avcenter.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\hijackthis\anal.exe
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = http://www.aopcug.org/px/proxy.pac
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe /QS
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: www.worldofwarcraft.com
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} -
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://us-housecall.trendmicro-europe.com/…ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} -
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1170985244093
O16 - DPF: {9B17FE0E-51F2-4692-8B32-8EFB805FC0E7} -
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} -
O20 - Winlogon Notify: rpcc - C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: rpccd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpccd.dll
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LicCtrl Service (LicCtrlService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPH11 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPHipm11.exe
I keep getting this error "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." at random times. I have read many removal processes and cannot get this to stop. Please check my log and see if I am missing something. Detailed info has been slightly different from most posts.
szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2180 szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 83831a83
Most I have read have a .dll in place of the Unknown I am getting.
I have tried a few different spyware/av software scans ….Antivir, Norton, Trend Micro, spybot, ad aware….
I occasionally get these alerts from Antivir – TR/Proxy.Dlena.B.2 – TR/Crypt.ULPM.Gen. every tool I have tried for removing these have said it was cleaned, however, I still get the alerts.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:32:31 PM, on 2/10/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon04.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPHipm11.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avcenter.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\hijackthis\anal.exe
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = http://www.aopcug.org/px/proxy.pac
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe /QS
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: www.worldofwarcraft.com
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} -
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://us-housecall.trendmicro-europe.com/…ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} -
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1170985244093
O16 - DPF: {9B17FE0E-51F2-4692-8B32-8EFB805FC0E7} -
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} -
O20 - Winlogon Notify: rpcc - C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: rpccd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpccd.dll
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LicCtrl Service (LicCtrlService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPH11 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPHipm11.exe