fiberglassdolfin
Topic Starter
I have Verizon 100k DSL, and at my computer I can generally get download speeds of 70-80 kb/s, but beginning suddenly a few days ago, I've been getting speeds of +/-10 kb/s.
Some Facts:
Things I've Done:
I have no idea what's going on.
Obligatory:
Some Facts:
- It's been over 100°F in the past few days.
- Using USB wireless produces the same results as going with the LAN cable.
- This computer seems to be the only one experiencing trouble.
- The desktop is quite a distance from the router and modem set up (probably 20-30 yards through walls and a floor), but that's never mattered before.
- Sometimes, but not every time, when I log in to my computer, I get split-second messages that a network cable is unplugged.
Things I've Done:
- Reset the router and modem.
- Made sure all accessible LAN cables are plugged in correctly.
- Reinstalled ethernet drivers.
- Sprayed dust out of my chassis.
I have no idea what's going on.
Obligatory: