This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

acer notebook isn't powering up

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Today after accidently dropping a screwdriver onto my keyboard my computer froze. After rolling my eyes at my stupidity I powered my laptop down. Now here's where the trouble begins. When I go to turn on the laptop the power button lights up, so does one small button (for a brief second), and the fan start running. Then the buttons turn off and the fan stops for a second and then goes through the motions of turning the buttons green again and the fan powering up (longer than the first round of powering up) . However soon after the lights go out along with the fan. I have no idea what I can to fix my computer, can someone please help?? Btw, I have an acer 4315
you can try this which is good for certain malfunctions caused by crashes etc, but is of no use for possible hardware damage. unplug anything attached remove the battery pack, usually a sliding mechanism on the back of the laptop to release the battery. Remove battery. hold down power button for about 60 seconds replace battery and power back up You should also consult the vendors website for troubleshooting help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI