I have an ACER Aspire desk top that won't turn on after installing Windows updates I downloaded the windows updates then the computer restarted it started up and said in stalling updates then it shut down. I went to turn it on and all that happen is the fan is running and the aspire is lit up but the power button is not lit up. when I push the power button nothing happens. I unplugged it over night and in the am I plugged it in the fan started right up (loudly) I pushed the power button nothing again. I unplugged everything even the power plug then I held the power button for 40 seconds then I plugged everything back in nothing… (as some have suggested this would reset something) can someone help? Thanks
Next time you turn the power on, begin and continue tapping the F8 key on your keyboard until the boot option menu appears.
Consider selecting "Last known Good Configuration" and allow it to start.
If "Last known Good Configuration" does not do the trick, please let us know if you are able to even get to the boot option menu, and if you can, are you able to boot into SAFE Mode?
no I can't It won"t even turn on. The power light isn't on. I pulled out the ram then plugged it in and nothing. Someone said it should beep if there is no ram. But is that true if I can't get it to turn on? Does that mean it's the motherboard? I also unplugged it held the power button in for 1 minute plugged it back in and still nothing.
I went to turn it on and all that happen is the fan is running and the aspire is lit up but the power button is not lit up.
Something is missing in your description of the problem.
aspire is lit up
Does that mean that the Acer Aspire splash screen displays correctly when you power up the machine, but that it does not advance any further in the normal boot secquence?
What "power button" is "not lit up"?
For instance, do you mean the on/shut down power button on the front of the Acer Computer case.
It is unlikely (but possible) that you had a hardware failure at the same time that you were involved with updating windows.
Do you have a bootable CD/DVD, such as UBCD or a Linux CD or even the installation CD from Acer?
If you can boot from a CD/DVD and get good functionality, then you know your hardware is ok.
(If you try the Acer installation CD, only allow it to advance far enough to demonstrate that all the hardware comes on correctly, but exit/cancel before selecting any repair or installation options, then remove the CD.)
___________________-
Since you performed what you thought to be a good test by disconnecting all your wire/cables and re-seating your RAM, please walk through your steps again, to assure that all components are firmly seated and all cables are plugged back in correctly.
on the front of the tower is the aspire word when I plug my computer in that lights up and the fans run but when I push the power on button nothing happens at all. the power button light doesn't light up and the computer will not turn on the only thing running are the fans they start as soon as I plug the computer in.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI