Hi there
please bear with me as I am not very IT literate - thanks
My windows pc updated and a the IE8 was installed. However, I immediately encountered problems and went into add / remove programmes and removed the last security update. This was clearly a big mistake as I now have no Internet Options Icon in the control panel and I can not launch internet explorer at all.
I do not know if the following info is important but I use Norton anti virus and the windows pc uses a LAN
Appreciate your help
Scroll down about half way until you see Use System Restore, that's the only part you need to work with right now.
Once that's done, change Automatic Updates to Notify me but don't automatically download or install them. You can do this by opening System from the Control Panel, then clicking on the Automatic Updates tab.
The next time you are offered IE8, unselect it. Then check the box that says Don't offer this to me again (or words to that effect).
Hi Rich
Well what happened of course is that once I did the sytem reset the update to install IE8 came back. I decided to install it but this time took a little more time on the options I selected. Either by luck or good judgement it all seems to be working well, so far!