This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] HELP! Cannot Download anything, access internet options.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi! I Downloaded IE8 a couple of weeks ago. Since downloading it I found I had problems logging on to certain sites, so i unistalled it. Since uninstallin Internet explorer 8 I can no longer download ANYTHING from the internet, I cannot open internet options inside the control panel, there is no option on the internet browser for file, save, internet options etc, and when I click on my mouse's right button nothing happens. Please can someone help me?? I have Windows XP, SP2. I do not use Spybot and have tried a system restore, which did nothing. If this is Malware how can I get rid of it if i cannot download anything??? Cy
Hello and welcome to WTT!

If you still require help please do the following to see the condition of your machine and also please give a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.

Please read the instructions here first: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…rs_t106388.html

Post the results once done. Any problems/questions you can let me know.

~Extremeboy
Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 7 from the last day I replied initially, the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI