This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Motherboard beeping sound

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently reformatted and reinstalled WIndowsXP. I thought things were going okay except that I was hearing a beep from the motherboard associated with things like hitting two keys at the same time or an alert window opening. But this was inconsistent. So I searched for a way to disable the motherboard beep. The first step in the procedure I found was to right-click on My Computer and select Manage. Guess what? Doing this causes a beep and the alert message, "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." This is obviously no good. Is there a way to proceed or do I need to re-install WIndowsXP again? Thank you.
Randwill, install your sound card drivers. I doubt you have any sound at all coming out of your speakers? And, this is why you're hearing beeps out of the computer. While you are at it, install all the rest of the drivers that need to be installed after doing something as drastic as reformatting your hard drive. :thumbup: EDIT: Also, don't forget to install the dozens of windows updates also for security purposes. :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI