This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

No sound after removing virus

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Today I've spent several hours removing Malware Defense. First I tried following different guides; I used the Malwarebytes, but couldn't get rid of two specific files (rootkit and DNSChanger), but then I found this thread:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Trying_remov…er_t109203.html
and followd the instructions given by Oldman960 (but I only had to run the Combofix once, not twice like the guy starting the thread).

The problem is that after running the Combofix, I only get a constant beep from my speakers.

I have tried unistalling and installing the drivers for the speakers.

I have tried the windows troubleshooting, but nothing seems to help.
The Combofix log is attatched.

I would greatly appreciate any help
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums.
Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine and the infections.

Tools such as Combofix are only meant to be run by, or under the supervision of a trained malware fighter…… otherwise there is grave risk of damaging your computer and being unable to "undo" what has been done.
It would be best for you to go here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Are_you_Infected_t106388.html
follow the instructions carefully. A trained malware fighter will respond as soon as they can.

When your machine has been declared free of infection please post back here in this thread if you are still having issues with it and we will do our best to help.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI