Hey guys,
I've got an alert beep that doesn't come from my speakers, it's an alert that comes at the strangest times; when I close a document without saving, when I'm about to save tracks to my media player, etc. The sound seems to be coming form inside the computer, and I have no idea how to turn it off.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Alerts coming as beeping/buzzing from the case or tower most often relate to conditions of Hardware.
Each brand-name of machines and various BIOS/CMOS setups use differing "beep codes" to communicate status/problem with the internal functioning of the machine.
Could be indication of low memory, PCI Card conflict/fault, over-heating, wrong video resolution for type of Monitor/Screen, etc.
Tell us a little more about your machine and about the sounds.
About the Machine:
Brand Name and Model Number
Operating System (Win98, Win2000, WinXP, Vista, Linux, etc.)
BIOS/CMOS (American MegaTrends, PheonixBIOS, etc)
Amount of Physically installed RAM
Amount of (free space) remaining on your Hard Drive(s)
Video Card (brand/model)
About the "beeps":
Long continuous?
Short?
Short-Long?
Only one beep?
Multiple beeps?
Pattern of beeping?
With a little more information, we may be able to assist.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI