This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

sound

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello xp , sp3, Dell Inspiron 5150. I want no sounds like Windows log on etc. In control panel, I went to sounds, selected no sounds, apply, ok. I have done this about 5 or 6 times but every time I boot up the xp sound comes on. I don't know which it is so I'm assuming it is Windows log on due to the time the sound occurs. Should I go into the device manager and try to repair something or….? Thank you
Hi Aby I checked all the items as I scrolled down and none had sound icons in front of them. Also, the 'no sounds' was still selected. I then chose windows with sounds, apply ok and did the nosounds apply ok all over. I have done this several times but I'll bet when I boot up again I'll hear the windows default sound for windows starting. I'll let you know as the sound will be my mnemonic device to report here..
Hi again :wavey: You shouldn't by any chance been trying to disable sound under a restricted user-profile? Maybe you could try access safe-mode, login with a administrator profile, and try set the sound there. Regards
Hi again Aby When I booted up this a.m. I do not think I heard anything. Tomorrow, if I do, I will follow your instructions. My information folder says thank you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI