This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Multimedia Audio controller problems

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just reformatted my computer & i have problems with my sound.
I have no sound at the moment, & its something to do with my Multimedia Audio Controller.
I misplaced my motherboard cd so i cant fix it



Information if useful

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclient.010817-1148)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: P4S5A/DX
BIOS: AMIINT - 10
Processor: IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® 4 CPU 1.80GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 195MB used, 1054MB available
Primary File System: n/a
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.01.2600.0000 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce2 MX 100/200
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0111&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_B2
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 960 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.10.8421 (English)
DDI Version: 8 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 3/9/2006 15:29:00, 3968512 bytes
Driver Signed: No
WHQL Date Stamp: None
VDD:
Mini VDD: nv4.sys
Mini VDD Date: 8/17/2001 22:50:26, 731648 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4251-11CF-5543-0A2013C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0111
SubSys ID: 0x00000000
Revision ID: 0x00B2
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result:
D3D7 Test Result:
D3D8 Test Result:

I misplaced my motherboard cd so i cant fix it

Then do what I always do (even when I have not lost the CD) - go out the board maker's website and download the latest drivers.

ECS EliteGroup Download Page

Plug in the product (Motherboard, Socket 478) and exact model number and find your latest drivers and manuals. You may need the motherboard revision number. This can be found printed on the motherboard and sadly, is often hard to see. Look all around the edges, between slots, and any other hard to see spot. Belarc Advisor may provide the revision number, but the best way is to inspect the board.

How do i know which correct file to download for the multimedia audio controller

Pick audio driver for your operating system.

This error screen shows up " The name is already in use as either a service name or a display name "
& i cant fix it

I don't have a clue what you are doing here.
You are getting the "The name is already in use as either a service name or a display name" error because the driver(s) you are trying to install already exist(s) on the system. Try uninstalling the current driver(s) before installing the new one(s).
Im clueless of what to do


[external image: Posted Image]

When i press reinstal drivers. it ends up having same problem " "The name is already in use as either a service name or a display name""
I agree it is confusing. If it were me, I would make sure I have the new drivers available. Then I would right-click on Media Audio Controller and select remove/uninstall then reboot. Upon boot, I would follow the prompts to look in the new driver file location and install the new drivers.

I see another error icon under "Other Devices" - what is happening there?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI