This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wireless keyboard isn't working

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi! I am a new user on this forum, but i have seen how fast the replies have been, so i decided to post my problem here. I have a logitech wireless LX8 mouse + keyboard combo. My keyboard and mouse were both working fine until now. My mouse still works but my keyboard just suddenly stopped working. But the calculater hot key, music hot keys, etc still work. My computer didn't crash or anything, I was typing an email and it stopped working. I am currently using a wired keyboard (A cheap 5$ one i bought from the nearest used electronic store) So, I have tried pretty much anything I can to fix my keyboard, I changed the batteries (Duracell batteries), Pressed the connect button on both the receiver and keyboard and changed USB ports for the receiver. But i can't see how changing anything to do with the USB can help, because my mouse is still working. I installed the software that came with it and updated it to this date.

Any suggestions can be helpful!

Thanks, Nick

P.S here is a link to the set that I am using, If it can be any help: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboard…72&cl=ca,en
Hi Nick, and welcome to WhatTheTech… Unfortunately sir, you have tried all the troubleshooting methods that you would try on a wireless keyboard. This is a pretty simple piece of technology. It either works or it doesn't. The fact that another keyboard is functioning normally just reinforces the fact that its just a bad keyboard. I hate to tell you that, but you have already done what you can with it. Its just time to replace it. If none of the keys were working at all I would suggest that there might be something else wrong. But, some of the keys work, and a different keyboard works fine. Doesn't leave much room for anything else to be wrong.
Thanks for the reply, and yes i have already looked in to buying a new keyboard because I have given up. This time i will be sure not to buy wireless. -Thanks, Nick
No problem… To defend Logitech, I do like their keyboard/mouse combos and I haven't had any problems with their wireless keyboards/mice. They produce a good product in my opinion.. But, nothing lasts forever. :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI