I hope this is the right place for this topic…apologies in advance if it's not!
I have a Pcline WOD1 wireless keyboard and mouse. The mouse worked straight away but the keyboard has not worked at all.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. When i troubleshoot it, my pc says 'this device is working properly'.
I previously had a wireless Microsoft keyboard and mouse that worked perfectly for a year and then the keyboard also stopped working but the mouse was fine and i went back to the wired set up.
I've pressed the connect buttons on the USB receiver, the keyboard and the mouse in a variety of sequences but to no avail.
It seems that I can only use a wired keyboard!
I have a Windows Xp, 3ghz, Dell with Service Pack 3.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how to resolve this, I would be extremely grateful.
Thank you!
Hi there,
Thanks for your replies.
I've tried 3 USB ports but makes no difference. I can use those ports for other items without any problems.
I have a:
Dell DImension 4700
Pentium 4, 3ghz
2.75gb RAM
It's a cheap model keyboard from PC World. A friend bought the same one and had no problems so I did too!
There was no software. It said plug in the receiver and it should work.
I've tried booting up with the wired setup and then switching but no difference but I can try again.
Thanks for all your help,
Much appreciated.
I've tried booting up with the wired setup and then switching but no difference but I can try again.
If the wired version is USB Keyboard that is possible but not recommended.
If it is a PS/2 connector…. it is "definitely" not recommended that you "hot swap" (plug or unplug a PS/2 connector with the machine on)
What's the situation with batteries.
weak/dead/dying batteries will produce this problem.
Batteries that have been jostled out of place can produce this problem.
I tried reinstalling it but no luck. The batteries were new and I tried a few different ones too.
I went back to my old microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse, reinstalled everything, downloaded new drivers for keyboard and mouse and now it works!
I guess with the new keyboard, i couldn't find any new drivers or something…. but what do i know lol
But thanks for all your help, this place is fantastic and you are all really helpful. Quick responses and lots of suggestions.
Thanks again guys :-)
I bought the same device PCL-WOD1 wireless keyboard and mouse from PC World/Curry and everything worked fine when I brought it home. But, after two days the keyboard stopped working although the mouse was fine.
My girlfriend accidentally kicked the keyboard from the side of the couch it was leaning against a day before. I don't know if that was the reason or not, but it was a light drop and nothing else happened that should've made it non-functional.
I tried changing different batteries and nothing worked. I thought I'd try with a fresh pair later on. So until then I just used my wired keyboard and wireless mouse.
Just before I wanted to take it back to the store, I just plugged it in and voila, it starts working again. I didn't want to take it back because I couldn't find the receipt and it was an hours bus ride away. I really don't know why it stopped and why it started again. I didn't have any updates or anything else since it stopped and started working. Just hope it keeps working for the foreseeable future.
I had the same problem and could not find any answers on the internet but have now managed to fix this problem on my keyboard by doing the following
I opened up the keyboard by removing all the small screws on the back of the keyboard and removed the touch membranes and unscrewed the clamp and removed the flexible circuit board.
I unscrewed the small circuit board, turned it over and replaced the batteries. The red led lit up for a second and then went out.
I did not find any thing that looked wrong except for one of the hotkeys which was partially jammed.
I reassembled everything making sure all the loose hotkeys were correctly in place.
I replaced the batteries and the keyboard has worked ever since.
My guess is that the jammed hotkey was the problem but it may be that by taking apart and reassembling everything any loose connection was fixed.
Either way 20 minutes work saved me from having to buy a new keyboard
I also had exactly the same problem: keyboard and mouse were working fine, then keyboard suddenly stopped. The problem for me appeared to be a sticking key. I was very close to taking the advice above and unscrewing the keyboard to get at its innards, but before I did, I ran my finger (firmly) over every single key (and function key) on the keyboard. The tiny red LED at the top right of the keyboard flashed for a second or two, and then it came back to life! I've never seen that red LED illuminate either!
PS. there was no visible evidence of keys sticking, but I assume that's what it was.
@all
well done all on being able to fix the problems with your keyboards….
It looks as though the quality of some keyboards may not quite be what we have come to expect.
Regards
paws
Hi All
Just registered to let you know how your post helped:
Bought a pc line wirelesss mouse and keyboard about a month ago.
Just died on me.
Connected old wired keyboard - worked OK
Got batteries for wireless keyboard - not still working
Looked on www and found this page
Read the page
Pressed all the buttons firmly as suggested by ben - jamino
No luck
Dropped the keyboard on the office carpet - once each side (remove batteries first!)
Worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another way if you didn't fancy taking the back off too.
Hope this help…..apologies for the recipe..been doing a JAVA beginners course for the last 2 weeks..but it's Friday and nearly home time here in Berlin
Happy weekend all
Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve, and welcome to the WTT forums.
Thanks for posting in your fix….
Glad it worked for you!
Any particular type of carpet….. or will any old bit do?…..
Regards
paws
I opened up the keyboard by removing all the small screws on the back of the keyboard and removed the touch membranes and unscrewed the clamp and removed the flexible circuit board.
I did not find any thing that looked wrong.
I reassembled everything making sure all the loose hotkeys were correctly in place.
I replaced the batteries and the keyboard has worked ever since.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI