This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Installed New Mouse Now Keyboard Not Working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I hope I'm in the right place to ask this question. I just installed a new Logitech M310 wireless mouse to my desktop now my keyboard doesn't work but the mouse is working fine. I have a Microsoft 2000 series wireless keyboard and the old mouse was also Microsoft they were bought togrther. I've tried different USB ports, I tried rebooting machine and still the keyboard doesn't work. I hope someone can help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.

 

Dns7080

Hi Dns7080, and welcome to the WTT forums.

 

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with the keyboard following the fitting of your new wireless mouse.

 

It seems that this is not an uncommon problem and unless you are very lucky involves quite a lot of research in order to come to a satisfactory conclusion…. :(

 

To get you underway so at least the computer is workable try fitting a wired USB or PS2 keyboard.

 

Have a look at this topic, and follow the links provided as one of these steps could just do the trick.

 

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=129524

 

Let us know how you get on

 

Regards

paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI